Matt Donovan has won the 2017 New Mexico-Arizona Book Award for Non-Fiction for A Cloud of Unusual Size and Shape. Donovan pursues the image of the cloud throughout these fourteen spellbinding essays on ruin and redemption. The collection is about the flawless connections between antiquity and the present, personal experience and historical events, architecture and art and literature. The redemptive power of beauty hovers over this spectacular work, reminding us that darkness and light make an inextricable pattern in our lives and form the delicate balance of what ultimately makes life worthwhile, what gives meaning to the sorrow and joy of being human. More here.
- Mar 17 Coleen on What To Read During Self-Isolation
- Mar 6 Who Is The Duchess of Angus?
- Sep 11 TU Press Hosts Living Heritage Symposium
- Jul 16 Michael Nye Wins Prestigious Bolotin Award
- May 6 Putting on the Dog in Ms. Magazine
- Mar 20 Get Lit with Susan Page of USA Today
- Nov 9 The Legacy of Laika the Soviet Space Dog
- Oct 15 Environmental Scientist Daily Speaks at Trinity
- Jun 21 300 Years of San Antonio & Bexar County
- Apr 16 Humans of San Antonio by Michael Cirlos